Week 3 Assignment – Developing a Theory of Terrorism
3. Reich, W. (1998) Origins of terrorism: Psychologies, ideologies, theologies, states of mind. Washington DC: Woodrow Wilson Center Press
4. Jaber, H. (1999) Hezbollah: Born with a vengeance. New York, NY: Columbia University Press.
5. Toolis, K. (1997) Rebel hearts: Journeys within the IRA’s soul. St. Martin’s Press.
6. Randal, J. (2011) Osama: The making of a terrorist. New York, NY, Knoph.
· Craft a five (5) to six (6) page paper.
· Using any combination of theoretical, social, cultural, or other propositions from the course materials, create your model/theory in such a way that it best represents your understanding of the motivations of terrorism.
o Ground the theory developed in psychological, social, political, religious, or other foundational basis.
o Identify the ways in which terrorist behavior is influenced by internal, environmental, and socio-cultural factors.
§ In your model/theory, some areas you may want to discuss are the psychological motivations, perceptions of reward, social factors, influence of the group, religious motivations, political motivations, inspiring others, and other similar areas.
· Provide details and examples of existing models/theories and terrorism events within your work.
o Details and examples should substantiate your model/theory, providing support for the propositions made.
· Close with a brief discussion of the effectiveness of terrorism in meeting the goals of the organization or the individual actor.
· Include references to the available course materials, .
· Papers should be formatted according to 6th edition APA style.
o Include a separate
o for all sources cited in-text.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more