Follow the instructions in “PSY-452 Exercise #2 Non-Experimental Designs Instructions” for the successful completion of this assignment.
To better understand the concept of non-experimental designs, be sure to read all the assigned readings for this module before beginning the assignment:
1) For this assignment, you will watch three television shows from the genres listed below and analyze them for verbal and physical violence portrayed in the show.
2) You will watch shows from the following genres:
a) Situation comedy
3) First, use the following definition of violence for this exercise:
a) “The overt expression of physical force (with or without weapon) against self or other, compelling action against one’s will on pain of being hurt or killed, or actually hurting or killing. Must be plausible and credible; no idle threats, verbal abuse, or comic gestures with no credible violent consequences. May be intentional or accidental; violent accidents, catastrophes, acts of nature are included” (Williams, Zabrack, & Joy, 1982, p. 366.)
1) On the Tally Sheet template below, tally the number of times you see the mode of aggression on the selected program.
a) Rate the overall violence using a 5-point scale from 1 (not at all violent) to 5 (extremely violent).
2) Collapse your data within each program category.
3) Determine the mean rate of acts per program hour for each modes of aggression.
4) Determine the overall mean violence rating for each category.
5) Your instructor will assist you as to how to analyze the final data.
6) Write up a brief study (250-500 words) about what you discovered in this content analysis. Copy and paste the Tally Sheet below and include it in your study.
7) While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
8) Submit the assignment as one deliverable to the instructor by the end of Module 3.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more