28) Refer to Figure 8.2. The marginal product of the sixth worker is ________. 28) ______
29) Accounting profit is equal to: 29) ______
A) total revenue plus accounting cost.
B) total revenue minus implicit costs.
C) total revenue minus economic cost..
D) total revenue minus explicit costs.
30) Refer to the below diagrams which pertain to a purely competitive firm producing output q and the industry in which it operates. In the long run we should expect: 30)____
A)firms to enter the industry, market supply to rise, and product price to fall.
B)firms to leave the industry, market supply to rise, and product price to fall.
C)firms to leave the industry, market supply to fall, and product price to rise.
D)no change in the number of firms in this industry.
Refer to the above diagram for a monopolistically competitive firm in short-run equilibrium. This firm will realize an economic: 31)____
A) loss of $320.
B) profit of $480.
C) loss of $480.
D) profit of $600.
32) Refer to Figure 9.7. This firm’s short-run supply curve is the firm’s: 32) ______
A) AVC curve to the left of Point B.
B) marginal cost curve above Point D.
C) marginal cost curve above Point A.
D) marginal cost curve above Point B.
33) Refer to Figure 9.2. If Buffy gives 17 perms per day, her daily profit is: 33) ______
34) Verde Inc. has a monopoly over the production of emeralds in Ecuador. Verde Inc. will find it profitable to increase
the mining production of emeralds as long as marginal cost: 34) ______
A) is greater than marginal revenue.
B) is positive.
C) equals marginal revenue.
D) is less than marginal revenue.
35) The process of using public policy to gain economic profit is: 35) ______
A) rent seeking.
B) deadweight loss.
C) never successful.
36) When a profit-maximizing firm in monopolistic competition is producing its long-run equilibrium quantity: 36)______
A) its marginal revenue will exceed its marginal cost.
B) its price will be equal to its average total cost.
C) its price will equal its marginal cost.
D) it will be earning economic profit.
37) Refer to Figure 11.2. In the long run the monopolistic competitor would generate total revenue equal to the area:
38)Fill in the blanks: Higher wages lead to higher output price, lower quantity demanded, and therefore fewer workers hired. This effect is particularly strong when the product’s demand is ___________ and labor costs are a ________ fraction of the costs. 38)_____
A) inelastic; large.
B) elastic; large.
C) inelastic; small.
D) elastic; small.
39) In a competitive labor market, 39) ______
A) the market wage rate is the marginal revenue product of labor.
B) the firm can hire all the labor it wants at the going market wage rate.
C) firms will hire as long as the marginal revenue product of labor is less than or equal to the market wage.
D) all of the above
Refer to Table 17.3. If the market price of the product is $4 and the firm can hire as many workers as it wants at a wage
of $40, the firm should hire ________ workers. 40) ______
II. SHORT ANSWER (5 questions, 4 points each). Write the phrase that best completes each statement or
answers the question.
41) What is the opportunity cost of investing $10,000 of your own money in a business you wish to start?
42) Figure 6.9 below shows the market for tobacco. If the government has no restrictions on imported tobacco, what will be the
price of tobacco and the level of tobacco produced? If the government passes a law banning tobacco imports, what
happens to the price of tobacco and the quantity of tobacco sold?
43) Comment on the following statement: “In the short run, a firm’s total costs will be zero if the firm chooses to produce
nothing.” 43) _____________
44) Refer to the above diagram.
45) Why does Price = MR in perfect competition?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more