1. Write a balanced equation for the precipitation of calcium carbonate from potassium carbonate and calcium chloride.
2. Using this balanced equation, determine the limiting reactant if 15 grams of calcium chloride was reacted with 15 grams of potassium carbonate.
Table 5: Data and Observations Table 6: Mass of CaCl2 after 24 Hours
1. Calculate the theoretical yield of the solid precipitate. Show your work.K2CO3 (aq) + CaCl2 (aq) → CaCO3(s) + 2KCl (aq)
2. Use Question 1 to calculate the percent yield of the solid precipitate. Show your work.
3. Based on your yield of calcium carbonate, calculate the mass of calcium present in the original solution.
4. Analyze the data and use your yield of calcium carbonate to determine the experimental concentration of calcium chloride in the solution that you made in steps 6 and 7. Show all calculations and report in % wt/v concentration.Calculating the grams of calcium chloride that reacted:
5. Calculate the theoretical concentration of calcium chloride in the solution that you made up in steps 6 and 7. Show all calculations and report in % wt/v concentration.
6. Using your answers from questions 4 and 5, create a bar graph comparing the theoretical to experimental percent concentrations of calcium chloride in the solution. Then, calculate percent error between the two concentrations.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more