Assignment 1: Procedural Email Message
Due Week 2 and worth 140 points
Write a procedural email message to employees reminding them of standard operating procedures or organizational changes that take the form of step-by-step instructions. Be creative, or use an issue applicable to your work environment. (Example can be found on page 105, Figure 6-14, of the course text.)
The message should take the form of an email; however, you will submit your assignment to the online course shell.
The procedural message must adhere to the following requirements:
1. In terms of content:
a. Introduce the main idea of the message in a concise, informative manner.
b. Itemize three to five (3-5) key points with detail.
c. Provide information about where and to whom questions should be directed.
2. In terms of format:
a. Use a descriptive title or heading.
b. Use bullets to separate ideas and simplify reading.
3. In terms of style:
a. Include an appropriate and professional greeting / salutation.
b. Begin statements with action verbs.
4. In terms of clarity / mechanics:
a. Ensure that there are no grammar or spelling errors.
Your assignment must:
· Be typed, single-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Submitting your assignment:
· Submit your assignment through the online course shell only.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Use writing process strategies to develop brief business documents, such as routine messages, bad news messages, and persuasive/sales messages.
· Support ideas or claims in body paragraphs with clear details, examples, and explanations.
· Organize ideas logically by using transitional words, phrases, and sentences.
· Use sentence variety and effective word choice in written communication.
· Write clearly and concisely using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on quality, logic / organization of the email, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.
Click here to view the grading rubric.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more