Assignment: Risk of Crime
A woman who is engaged in prostitution is more likely to find herself vulnerable to theft, assault, and other types of violent crimes. High-risk behaviors such as this create an increased likelihood of more violent crimes. Another woman works in a white-collar job and lives in the suburbs. Does that mean that she does not have to be concerned about crime? She is still at risk, but perhaps it is of a different form.
What are the correlations between demographics and the types of crimes people commit? Do certain types of people have a higher risk of committing particular crimes or becoming a victim of those crimes? In your Learning Resources this week, you examined what risk factors tend to lead to becoming an offender or a victim, but in this Assignment you will take it one step further.
In this Assignment, you will select a case study where risk factors are present. You will examine the correlation that exists between risk factors and the types of crimes that are likely to occur. You will then make a determination of the relative likelihood that a person will become an offender or a victim.
In a 3- to 5-page paper:
· Summarize the case.
· Identify demographics and risk factors (e.g., acute, direct, proxy, short and long-term) that are present in the case that contribute to the subject becoming a victim or offender.
· Identify and evaluate the risk factors that are prone to influence a person, once they have committed their first crime, to continue engaging in criminal behavior. For victims of crime, identify and evaluate factors that would facilitate continued victimization.
· Explain if there is a correlation between risk factors and the types of crimes that are likely to occur.
· Rate the subject (Scale of 1–10) as to how likely is it that he/she will commit a crime or become a victim.
· Include supporting evidence of your conclusions.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more